FridayFavorites + Mother's Day Ideas
Not every mother wants flowers. Don't get me wrong, flowers are awesome, but they die. Some mothers really like actual presents, so I'd like to offer some ideas based on things I personally love for working out that double as relaxation items!!!!These are all from brands I've teamed up with. I will only link you to things that I love, or have given an honest review about, so that you may take a look for yourself. Sometimes I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through a link. Thank you for your support! Disclaimer here
- Athleisure wear Who doesn't love a good tight to wear around the house on relaxation days?! Pair it with a loose t-shirt for lounging, or a sweater for brunch! I found Oiselle has a great selection of various lengths, styles, and purposes (there is a wool blend for cooler days, and summer blends for sweaty days) that are ridiculously comfortable for running, and easily transition to awesome for couching! Get $20 off your first purchase.
- TV/Movies at her fingertips To add to the relaxation opportunity, consider an Amazon Digital Personal TV/Video Library. Not only can she binge watch a few shows or movies right away, but she can also use this during elliptical training, or when she needs to get away during her lunch break. Make sure she has a good pair of headphones/earbuds!
- Gift Card Not everyone understands the value of a gift card, unless they really think about what the receiver will buy. Think of the stores they LOVE to go in: Nike, Nordstrom, Sephora, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Stitch Fix, and make a loving gesture to get a gift card from that specific store. If you buy a generic Visa gift card, they might spend it on groceries, which isn't a bad thing, but it's not a gift specific for them to have. If she's been wanting to update a room with a fresh decor, consider Pier 1, they now have the Magnolia collection (has she talked about Chip and Joanna?)! Many offer digital gift card options (via email), so you don't have to take a trip to the mall!
- More dates If you're like many, you don't spend enough time with the mom in your life. Give her the gift of more time with you! Schedule dates together, right away! Maybe you make them weekly, if you're far away schedule phone/Skype sessions to let her see your face! If you're in person, take advantage of parks, malls, coffee shops, and explore places together that she would love!
- Dinner/Hobbies If she's usually in the kitchen, allow her to step away once in a while or let her teach you something new! Maybe she's not the cook around the house, allow her to take time away from the household things she does or let her teach you how she does them! If she gardens, take more interest in what she's growing, ask why she chose that plant, or if you can help obtain and grow other plants she'd like. Maybe a trip to the local green house together is something she'd love to share with you!
These are just a few thoughts, I'd love to hear what you'd add to the list, what worked, and what didn't! Remember, not everyone loves an actual gift, but your presence may be the only thing they want!!!!